missprint

let me put you in the major key


"Magic stays where myth remains"



Last night, I found myself in the midst of a pop sandwich (a popwich, if you will). But let me start from the beginning dear readers. After much badgering of my friends, I have yet to persuade them to attend a Popjustice night with me. So when Popjustice Live was announced with Siobhan Donaghy DJing as part of the bill, I managed to rope a friend and fellow Siobhan fan into going. To be honest, we were both a little grumpy and very tired and it was Wednesday which meant that we were missing a solid 4 hours of good television, so we weren't really in the mood for electropop (Canadian or not).

Being my rather shambolic self as usual, I turned up late which meant we missed all but half a song of Trademark's set. I was thoroughly enjoying the Stefy set when I made the mistake of striking up conversation with a drunken suit with a severe saliva regulation impediment. Thankfully it was after Stefy performed Chelsea but I would have rather not have had to answer the same question three times ("So, what kind of music is this?") I think that The Suit got the wrong end of the stick when I told him that I was there for the DJ and he started a monologue about electro and house (no, me neither). I stopped listening about halfway because I started staring at a man seated nearby because I was fairly convinced that it was Aled from the Chris Moyles Show.

Despite Martina Dragonette's highly entertaining stage banter re: rubberised pants (or something like that, I was very tired and a little gin-soaked), I didn't enjoy their set so much. So it was halfway through that we decided to decamp to the toilets and search for a seat. As I was coming out of my cubicle, who was standing before me but Siobhan in a lovely spangly green dress? Ohmigod! I decided that it was best not to engage a popstrel in conversation whilst she was making a beeline for a toilet cubicle. Walking out of the toilets, who did I bump into but Stefy (of Stefy, naturellment) in a lovely spangly black dress? Ohmigod! For those of you readers who are lacking in imagination, I have reconstructed this popwhich in JPEG form with the aid of Google:



AMAZING.

(N.B. Sadly, Siobhan didn't have a bird on her head or neither did I go dressed as Joan of Arc. Stefy does really have the fantastic hair as the photo suggests though.)

And even more A to the Mazing, when we emerged from the toilet and found a sofa by the DJ booth, Dragonette struck up their cover of Lil' Chris's Gettin' Enough. I would type AMAZING again here but I think my head might start spinning around and explode in the manner of a Cyberman.

So, all in all, a rather poptastic evening which was marred somewhat by my going home early and downloading the Music & Lyrics soundtrack. (That will explain the presence of Hugh Grant in my last.fm chart next week)

Another thing that makes me sad was to be found in my inbox this evening:

2 Responses to “"Magic stays where myth remains"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh! You have last.fm! Last.fm is my favourite thing at the moment. I shall add you. I'm ozgoelz, so don't be scared!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Sorry, I'm slightly slow commenting on you. I have to salute your photomontaging skills. I can almost imagine being there. Although it would be nice if you could add some Easy-style black toilet cubicles around the three of you. I'm sure Ray Quinn will have evaporated by October. Surely he'll soon be too old to have any novelty value. Also (possibly I should reply to this elsewhere), tis a pity you didn't get to meet Sting as a girl. You could have shown him the error of his ways in pursuing a career of peace and tantricness, and driven him into wild zany flights of poptasticness and/or rage.  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.