missprint

let me put you in the major key


"Jumping on my tutu"

A contender for Pop Lyric of the Year I think you'll agree dear readers.
Perhaps only to be rivalled by Amy Winehouse's new material which includes
"crying on the kitchen floor" and alcoholic girlband soul about rehab.
Fabulous. Anyway, I was rather hoping that my next blog entry was going to
be from home but alas it isn't meant to be. As soon as I wriggle free from
the dastardly clutches of Orange and into bed with BT, my eMac decides to
die on me. Perhaps die is a bit of an exaggeration because it's just moving
v-e-r-y slowly. Nevertheless, last night found me slumped across the desk,
head resting against monitor, moaning softly to myself. Rather fortuitously,
I had the foresight to buy AppleCare so I shall be darkening their helpline
shortly demanding that my iTunes library be restored to its former glory.

Anyway, seeing as I'm writing from work, I sadly don't have the time to go
into why the references to kitchens in pop lyrics constitute an amazing
track but there is time to say the following:

- Even though the newest Girls Aloud ode has made it into my subject line
for this entry, I have only grown to love it in the past 72 hours. I
absolutely hated it for the previous two weeks. I still think that the new
Sugababes single beats it. With a brick wrapped in a batwing jumper. Not
only does it cram the most sexual euphemisms into any pop song known to man
but it's a welcome move away from the pop-electro Xenomania sound which was
become far too common. (You know it's dead when Hilary Duff jumps on the
bandwagon.)
- It has been said before but I think it is worth saying again that the new
Amy Winehouse material from her forthcoming album, "Back to Black", firmly
trounces La Aguilera's "old-school" sound. I know that 2006 is going to be
touted as Timbaland's year but I have loved all of Mark Ronson's productions
this year. (Insert your own joke about me loving Mark Ronson's horns.)
- "That Mitchell and Webb look" has been vaguely disappointing. There are
some excellent sketches ("That's Numberwang!" "You hold your ladle like a
pen!") and some terrible ones that should have seen the cutting room floor
(the snooker commentators, I mean you.)
- "Extras" has been vaguely disappointing. There are some excellent moments
("I've done it with a girl. Intercourse-wise" - a line worthy of Alan
Partridge I think you'll agree dear readers) and some terrible moments (all
of episode two).

Anyway, I have been on my lunch break for an hour and a half so I think it's
time to finish my tuna and sweetcorn sesame sub and bid you adieu. And also
shoutout to Lawrence who stumbled across me recently. Damn you and your wily
internet black magic ways. Pip pip.

2 Responses to “"Jumping on my tutu"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Lunch in a churchyard sounds far better than any of my options. Is this a secret goth side to you? Also, does the new Sugababes song have a video featuring vodka and peaked caps, or just engines, kittens, postmen, and um sex on the beach? I feel this will determine its greatness. Mitchell and Webb's snooker commentators should go in a big book of "things that work on the radio but not on television", alongside mime and Edith Bowman.  

  2. # Blogger Law

    Howdie, thanks for the shout out.

    Aparently you are my only source of pop knowledge right now.

    The Mitchell and Webb situation made by bbc for uk play was way better - they should have just shown that instead. I missed the last two episodes. The guardian guide says that it is the funniest half hour on tv this week and also that people should expect the poor ones. I think there is truth to that. All sketch shows have terrible sketches but when its all over we only remember the good ones.

    Hope your good and you get ur mac fixed soon.

    Don't look at my blog-I-make-only-when-bored-at-work-blog cos yours is way better.  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.