missprint

let me put you in the major key


"how many sugars would you like in your tea?"

Warning: Ranty entry ahead.

My broadband has ceased working and my life is literally falling apart
without the presence of the Internet. I'm writing this entry from work
(where the electricity seems to have blown out in half the building so
consequently I'm writing this from the only computer that is working at the
moment, natch. It does mean that I have to sit in the reception area with
the creepy security guard, hoping against hope that he won't make awkward
conversation with me. Thankfully, he seems to have disappeared to tamper
with the terrapins. Or something to that effect) so unfortunately, no
YouTubery today. However, being at work and having just discharged a ferret
hand puppet means that I can bring this fact to you from the hand puppet
tag: "The black-footed ferret is the rarest mammal in North America. It is a
seriously endangered species." Scintillating, no?

Also, I phoned up Orange last night to see if there was anything they could
do about my broadband (or lack of thereof) but I knew that it was a doomed
cause as my livebox pages kept on uttering the doom-laden phrase "PPP server
down" (what does it meeaaann?? Sigh.) Still on the plus side, the technician
who I was on the phone with had a lovely Geordie accent and I spent the 15
minutes of the call ineptly flirting with him. (Yes, I do so badly need to
get a life. Maybe the lack of Internet will force my hand on this front. On
the other hand, I'll probably just spend more time trying to finish Cloud
Atlas
and watch Serenity again and cry over Wash's death and
marvel over Simon's hitherto unseen muscular back. Anyway.) More reasons for
the rant: I have a headache due to my alice band which is too small for my
head; my back is roasting from sitting in front of this window; I didn't win
the Lily Allen Bush Hall ticket competition (but I thoroughly recommend Music Like Dirt anyway for
high-quality, albeit slightly more indie music blogging) and I'm starving
and the toaster isn't working. If the Turkish cafe don't have any meze boxes
left for lunch, I shall have a nervous breakdown of such a magnitude that
I'll probably collapse in a crumpled sobbing heap in the middle of
Camberwell. So, the lovely Geordie tech said that it might be five days
(five days!!) before I get my broadband back so I shall be off-radar for a
while. I'm off to actually do some work (on the other hand, I'm tempted to
sling the boa constrictor hand puppet around my neck and pretend that I'm
Britney), so I bid you a tearful farewell dear readers. Until we meet again,
pip pip.

2 Responses to “"how many sugars would you like in your tea?"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi, and ick. I hope you get your internet sorted soon, and more importantly that your Alice band stops tunnelling into your skull and slowly slicing your head in two (I used to get a headache when my glasses were too tight, I think). Meanwhile good luck in getting a life; it might be a good thing, though personally I'm not really trying it. At least you're learning about ferrets, which will surely come in useful in some Paris Hilton-related way. Tell your internet to get well soon from me, and I promise not to write anything interesting in the meantime.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Bah! Come back soon.

    (And I misread this: "Maybe the lack of Internet will force my hand on this front" as: "Maybe the lack of Internet will force my hand on his front". I thought you were getting a bit racey about the Geordie phone operator for a minute!)  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.