missprint

let me put you in the major key


Today's letter is H and the word is hurrah.

I am full of the joys of spring today, I sprang out of bed (which if you know anything about me you will know that it's quite a feat. A miracle one might say...) and as if possessed by a literary demon, started writing my dissertation. Just like that. The title page is a thing of beauty. The opening paragraph is truly a marvel to behold. The second paragraph...well, it's written. Let's leave it at that.

To celebrate I have dusted off my Sunny Motown playlist:

Tracks of my Tears / Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Somethin' Stupid / Nancy & Frank Sinatra
You're My First, My Last, My Everything / Barry White
Natural Woman / Aretha Franklin
Ain't Too Proud To Bed / The Temptations
Love Train / The O'Jays
Dancing In The Street / Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
California Soul / Marlena Shaw
Back In My Arms Again / The Supremes
Moonlight, Music and You / Laura Greene
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) / Junior Walker & The All Stars
Hey Baby / Bruce Channel
You Never Can Tell / Chuck Berry
I Get The Sweetest Feeling / Jackie Wilson
I Only Want To Be With You / Dusty Springfield
(Love Is Like A) Heatwave / Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
Please Mr. Postman / The Marvelettes
I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) / The Four Tops
It Takes Two / Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston
Do You Love Me? / The Contours
I Want You Back / Jackson 5
Tired Of Being Alone / Al Green
(This Will Be An) Everlasting Love / Natalie Cole

Gentle readers, I bid you a Happy Friday.

4 Responses to “"so take a good look at my face / you see my smile looks out of place"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    That's a great playlist! I'll have to dig out my bouncy spring tape soon. Just as soon as I'm sure it's not going to snow any more!  

  2. # Blogger H

    Hey! You're still about, hurrah! How are you?? Yes, spring is indeed in the air, the perfect time to break out the Motown greatest hits and the sunglasses. You've had snow?! I'm jealous :( H xxx p.s. what is on your bouncy spring tape? I'm intrigued? Charlotte Hatherley's stuff is crying out to be included on a bouncy spring tape.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm not too bad. I have my moments! How about you?
    Yes, I had about 5 inches of snow, which was great. Until I wanted to get anywhere!

    My spring tape includes: Sugar Town - Nancy Sinatra, Bringing Up Baby - Talulah Gosh, Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows - Pizzicato 5, Together In Electric Dreams - Phil Oakey & Giorgio Moroder, Make Your Own Kind Of Music - Mama Cass, Penny Lane - The Beatles, Help Me Rhonda - Beach Boys, Carrie-Ann - The Hollies, Night In The City - Joni Mitchell, Sink Or Float - Aberdeen, Can I Take You To The Cinema - Kenickie and some more!  

  4. # Blogger H

    Pretty much the same, better once I finish my degree! Am incredibly jealous of your snowfall, I'm afraid that those extra few degrees in London mean that snow hardly ever settles. Boo!

    Your bouncy spring tape does what it says on the tin. How could I forget Kenickie?? Ah, I cannot wait to lie on a beach and listen to I Would Fix You.

    H xxx  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.