missprint

let me put you in the major key


Following on from yesterday's WigWam revelation, I've rediscovered Betty Boo who did the do. Now my Girls Aloud obsession absolutely makes sense, the spectacular amazingness (note how when it comes to the Aloud my use of the English language just falls to pieces) of Watch Me Go's rap ("I know what you're thinking / You've been thinking 'bout my butt") is Boo-tastic. I spent 10 minutes this morning dancing around in my dressing gown to Where Are You Baby? Apart from the Doctor Who night on BBC3, this has been the highlight of my weekend. More evidence of Betty Boo being the Godmother of surf-guitar-bubblegum-electropop and the 'Loud being the heirs to the throne:





Girls + silver catsuits = pop genius. FACT.

Well, gentle readers, you would be forgiven for thinking that I have spent my day trawling the PJ forums, dancing around to Betty Boo and watching BBC3 for 3 hours straight but nooo! I've finally managed to start my reading for my dissertation. I was doing quite well until I fell asleep because it was too cold to keep my hands out from under the duvet to do any highlighting. And then I woke up to the charming Tennant:

(Warning - gratuitous Tennant adoration)



Well, hell-o etc etc. Insert other terrible "the doctor will see you now" type puns.

In other news: my favourite newspaper quote of the week is from The Observer in its report on bonkers B-religion, Scientology:

"Both Natalie's parents are Clear, she says. Her grandmother is an 'Operating Thetan' or 'OT'. So is Tom Cruise, who is near the top of Scientology's Bridge, at a level known as OT VII. OTs are Scientology's elite - enlightened beings who are said to have total control over themselves and their environment. OTs can allegedly move inanimate objects with their minds, leave their bodies at will and telepathically communicate with and control animals and human beings. At the highest levels, they are allegedly liberated from the physical universe, to the point where they can psychically control what Scientologist call MEST: matter, energy, space and time."

There you go. Tom Cruise owns your ass.

And finally: Terry Nutkins, friend of the otters, starts some "beef" (to appropriate the parlance of the street) with David Attenborough and Bill Oddie, and I quote:

"Not an all-rounder, bless him, but he does try. He's not in the same league as the Packhams, Bakers and Nutkins."

I think you'll agree gentle readers, that there is nothing else to say after such a profound statement of that magnitude. So I take my leave to retire to my bed with Wallace, Gromit and a Were-Rabbit. Good night.

2 Responses to “"and what did I do to deserve this? / some days I feel all nervous / please use the telephone service"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    If Gary Barlow is the proto Daniel Bedingfield, does that mean Mark Owen is Natasha? I know Pink is limited but she does make some quite amusing pop records, and I look on her career as rather like Tsar Nicholas II or Louis XVI introducing weak attempts at democracy in an attempt to shore up their failing regime, only to be bloodily overthrown with a terrible revolution. If you replace democracy with feminism, Louis and Nicholas with LA and Babyface, and the terrible revolution with Le Tigre getting to number one. And at least she isn't Courtney Love. I have to disagree about silver catsuits though: unless you're Jane Fonda with hair combed up to the size of Uranus, you just look like a Blue Peter presenter at a fancy dress party.  

  2. # Blogger ascoey

    I just thought you might be interested to know that Betty Boo is back and working with Alex James from Blur. Be afraid world. It's good to see someone so upfront and honest about a bubblegum pop obsession. More people should relax about the music they like and admit to liking the socially unlikeable. But that includes me.  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.