missprint

let me put you in the major key


"you're obsolete my baby / my poor old fashioned baby"

How odd, I never thought I'd see the day that the Manic Street Preachers would make it into one of my blog posts. However, a marvellous track such as Out of Time (from the NME Warchild album) definately warrants a temporary reprieve for the Manics.

Anyway, it has been a bit of an odd day gentle readers. Not because anything extraordinary has happened to me today, perhaps the highlight of my day today was my 5pm siesta. It has been one of those kind of fragmented days which means that only a list can do it justice:

- I was bored at work today (as happens every so often) and I decided to see if any slebs frequent our libraries. Today I found Jade Goody (I was just as shocked as you are gentle readers). Her one sole sojourn to the library resulted in her borrowing the biography of a paraplegic. FACT.

- Mr PJ has been raving about WigWam for months now but it is only since I downloaded the single from iTunes about 15 minutes ago that I have truly come to understand why Betty Boo + Alex James = genius.

- POP FACT! My favourite bonkers-pop chanteuse of the year, Lily Allen is yob-savant Keith Allen's daughter. I had to winch my jaw up at this revelation.

- I had a very odd dream when I fell asleep at 5pm today. As far as I can remember, I was travelling to Eastern Europe with some very old characters from Hollyoaks (Alex, Anna, Nikki and Sam, ah the good old days. Before one of them had to supplement his career, ahem, with Wrigley's chewing gum adverts. Anyway, I digress...) and the passport control officer was Tom Welling, the large-jawed one from sub-par teen show, Smallville who was flirting outrageously with me. All very odd indeed. I put it down to the fact that I fell asleep whilst still listening to the strains of my iPod Belle & Sebastian playlist.

- Halfway through my morning at work, I realised that I had been walking around with my bra on show.

Pop Picks: WigWam - WigWam; Music Is Power - Richard Ashcroft; Out of Time - Manic Street Preachers; Slow Graffiti - Belle & Sebastian; I'm Waking Up To Us - Belle & Sebastian; Winter Wooskie - Belle & Sebastian; Room On The 3rd Floor (LP) - McFly; We All Fall Down - Alexis Strum; Smile - Lily Allen; Everything's Just Wonderful - Lily Allen; Shame For You - Lily Allen; LDN - Lily Allen; The Collector - Sarah Nixey

3 Responses to “"you're obsolete my baby / my poor old fashioned baby"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I promise not to write any sex scenes involving Luke Haines; I don't really believe he has sex anyhow; he would probably produce offspring from his forehead like Zeus did with Athena. I'm still trying to work out if WigWam is great or rubbish (which is probably the sign of a pop classic) but you're making me all nostalgic for old HollyOaks(they should show it on E4; or More4 for oldies like me.) Anna should be fighting crime on ITV sunday evenings now.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Agree with you about Lily Allen. Just the ticket.

    http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:EaLupUqwmxotrM:http://www.people.virginia.  

  3. # Blogger application3

    Hi there.
    you might like to know that Sarah Nixey has a solo single Strangelove out on 26th June 2006.
    see http://www.sarahnixey.com for details.
    Or Http://www.myspace.com/sarahnixey
    thanks
    ServiceAV  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.