missprint

let me put you in the major key


"someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there"



I was taking a little break from writing last night and I started looking back through my photographs from Paris. Well, strictly speaking they're not mine because my beloved APS Ixus chewed up my film so I've had to steal off with Sarah's photos instead. It turned out to be just what I needed, I think that Paris in January was the last time I felt happy and unencumbered with the daily weight of my life at the moment and knowing that in a matter of weeks, it'll all be over (bar the pesky NATFHE strikes but that is a diatribe for another day...) and in 43 days, I'm off with my Dearest Ones on a jaunt around the Eastern corner of our great continent (although I read about the Danube overflowing in the Balkans yesterday, so we'll see...)

So, today's word count so far stands at 2382 and I'm aiming to hit 3000 at least today as I'm slightly off schedule. All writing has halted to a stop as I've suddenly realised that I have no knowledge of feminist literary criticism and that a little reading is in order. I'm also trying to navigate my way through the wedge of a book that is Christopher Booker's The Seven Basic Plots which on the surface sounds fascinating but I fear is rather dull deep down.

During my perambulations around the Internet last night in an effort to distract myself from writing, I discovered this little widget called a Musicube. (If everyone will look to the right, they will see the Musicube in it's natural habitat along with all the other Internet accoutrements of a blog sidebar) I'm aware of a lot of people's vitriol towards Radio 1 (even the mighty Popjustice) but I must admit I have rather a soft spot for it. I find that increasingly I listen to it in the mornings and afternoons when I get in from work or university. Not to mention my rabid support of Public Service Broadcasting endears Radio 1 to me much more than the mindless droning of Capital Radio or some such other station. I find myself making an exception for XFM on a Saturday whilst driving home from work as I do quite like Adam & Joe's brand of student humour. Anyway, I've grown fond of the little Musicube, it's a little like a pet, sitting in the corner and making rather a lot of noise.

Apologies, for a rather dull entry, the cabin fever must have taken root.

1 Responses to “"someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Baumbach's definitely a malign influence on Wes Anderson, and he needs to sort out his father issues; well, they both do, and get back to important topics like teenage angst. I checked on Ebay and the going rate for a signed picture of Natalie Cassidy (not just an autograph, mind, a lovely postcard you can stroke and fondle) is between 99p and £2.85 So I take it your cousin isn't living in a crystal palace with the recently-unemployed Gareth Gates as a butler. Also, in answer to your previous question about cheap underwear, Scots don't wear underwear *ensures sporran is adequately weighted* I like yr shimmering Radio 1 blob though.  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.