missprint

let me put you in the major key


Surevey ahoy as I am lazy, it's past my bedtime and I haven't done one in a while.

* Go to IMDb.com and look up 10 of your favorite movies.
* Post three official IMDb "Plot Keywords" for these 10 picks.
* Have your friends guess the movie titles.

1 // Hit by bus / Mathematics / Suspected lesbian
2 // 2500s / Kicked in the crotch / Terraforming
3 // Frozen river / Audio cassette / Poetry
4 // Herpetology / Child bride / Scrabble
5 // Sunglasses / Thick accent / Scale model of city
6 // Language barrier / Title spoken by character / Christmas card
7 // Body waxing / Asthma / Heiress
8 // Bathhouse / Identical twins / Environmentalism
9 // Pop music / Misfit / Funeral
10 // Nazi experiment / Narration from the grave / Rubik's cube

And yes, there is a Mungo film in there somewhere.

4 Responses to “"We can go to that private view but darlin' these days my favourite view is you"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hmm, Stu-Jo-Pi would sound a bit too similar to Stu-Jobby. Maybe I should find someone else to adopt me. But Britney definitely needs to find a nice mother figure to take her in. What's Barbra Streisand doing these days apart from the occasional concert? Or ideally she should be adopted by dead novelist Anatole France. Um, I know little about parenting. Are you looking to be adopted yourself?

    Also, Lil Kim should adopt Lil Chris.

    That Tom Chaplin story is incredibly tragic. Why didn't he turn off Cash In The Attic or turn over and watch Neighbours or something? Was he crying with the emotion of seeing people finding cash in their attic, or was he just in tears because he's in Keane? I hope he does challenge Kasabian to a drinking contest, and then later that night possibly some kind of competition involving chainsaw sculpture and tight-rope walking over the Niagara falls.

    But at least Lily Allen's back to full health, even if she's being mean about poor little Cheryl. I'm sure that Lily's recent outburst was just momentarily despairing because she couldn't think of anyone in the world she hadn't insulted. Though I was hoping a little bit that Lily would turn out all emo and sit a darkened bedroom with her Alfie puppet all day.

    Woo! Quiz thing. They all sound brilliant films. Desperate guesses: (2) Total Recall (5) The Matrix (6) Lost in Translation (8) The Nomi Song (9) Garden State. My score: 0/10. I can't think of any films with Scrabble in :(  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh wait, is number 8 a Bette Midler bio-pic starring the Olsen Twins?  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Maybe Tom Chaplin feels that he himself is in an attic. The attic of mediocrity, the attic of being a bit dull, the attic of having a strange jawline, the attic of Keane?

    I'm still failing miserably on your film quiz. I suspect I'll be kicking myself horribly when it's over (Li-Lo, Mungo, reptiles... my mind is blank). I can think of lots of movies with frozen lakes, if that's any good.

    The Olsen Twins, since you ask, do indeed both play Bette Midler, like when you have a baby in a soap opera or whatever, and because it's too stressful for the baby they swap infants between scenes. I could make a joke about which sister plays Bette Midler's nose, but that would be mean.

    But I have put the answers to my movie quiz on my humble diaryland.

    I think I want Petula Clark to adopt me. She could teach me French, and everything, and we could discuss Emma Bunton together.  

  4. # Anonymous Slots Odds

    I assure you.  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.