missprint

let me put you in the major key


Crashed the webbing

(You'll groan audibly at the title of this post in a minute. )

So I went to see Spider-Man 3 last night and I don't understand why I'm practically the only person who loved the film. Yes, it was a little goofy and yes, they shoe-horned in three (count them, three!) villains but I thought it highly entertaining. The Guardian ran an article recently about black being the new black: "[...] those big blockbusters resurrecting tired old characters that were presumed to have breathed their last breath. Thanks to the miracle ingredient of darkness, they're all back, good as new!" Bearing in mind this recent darkening of the mainstream, it seems as though people have forgotten how to enjoy a popcorn blockbuster for what it is. What is this modern obsession with exploring the fraught and complex psychological landscapes of men in lycra bodysuits? Of course, the most pertinent question is when was Matt Willis cast as Peter Parker?



(Oh hush - you try coming up with a good Spiderman/Busted pun!)

1 Responses to “Crashed the webbing”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I think Matt Willis is one pop star who could never manage to be dark. Not unless someone surgically wiped the smug grin off his face or hung anvils from the corners of his mouth.

    I'm ashamed that I'd never seen Rachel Stevens in prison before. I can see that running a pop star jail would be a full-time job. She does look very nice in her prison-wear. Though the guards don't have anything special; they don't even have their uniforms in purple. Maybe I could adapt some of Scooch's uniforms. But pop songs really shouldn't mention people coming in by the back door, it just invites double entendres (except for the song Back Door Lover from Josie And The Pussycats, of course.)

    At first I read your comment as saying you wanted to see Patrick Wolf dressed up as woodland creatures and stroking inanimate objects, but you meant woodland creatures/inanimate objects which is slightly less creepy. He would indeed be excellent dressed up as a toaster, a bicycle, a frog, bluebells, etc. And I'm sure he'd be happy to do it.

    I can only assume that when it came to appearing in Children of Men, Clive Owen really identified with the part as a bored middle-aged failure who's not doing anything much with his life despite long-ago dreams of doing something important (or dreams of meeting Julianne Moore). The fish thing was silly. But terrorists in films must always have lots of wackiness, possibly so they're not so scary. There aren't many real terrorist groups called the 12 Monkeys either.

    I'm bitterly disappointed that you seem to have made up Spearmint Rhino Rampage, or at least it's not on IMDb. I am ashamed that none of the films on my list featured Hugh Grant. Though there was a Lindsay Lohan movie. Speaking of whom, is there any chance of her being jailed soon?

    Now the big question is, can a night of Eurovision make up for a week without Doctor Who? Especially as Andorra's version of Busted won't be appearing. Sob. (I can't come up with any Andorra/Busted puns so your Spidey one wins.) I didn't like Denmark much anyway, though.  

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.