missprint

let me put you in the major key


"don't let that beat sleep in the suburbs"

Quick post, Lost is about to start.

Track of the Week was going to be the fabulously bonkers Shakira with her cover of Hips Don't Lie from the Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights soundtrack. However, her entry has been firmly trounced by the mighty Girls Aloud with On A Round.

5 Reasons Why You Should Love On A Round

One // It was the b-side to No Good Advice which was like five schoolgirls let loose on My Sharona with tamborines. So just imagine what the flipside to that sounds like.
Two // Well, for those of you who are lacking in an imagination, On A Round sounds like an ASBO girl-gang covering Bananarama with Adam Ant drumming in a nuclear fallout shelter.
Three // It features the excellent lyrics "don't let that beat sleep in the suburbs" and "keep that boom-boom back in sound" which are almost on a par with "I flick my finger to the world below / Here I am, dirty hands, I don't give a damn / Shut your mouth because shit might show" or "Bish bash bong woo". A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
Four // The drums are a mash-up of Prince Charming and George of the Jungle.
Five // Err, that's it really.

0 Responses to “"don't let that beat sleep in the suburbs"”

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.