missprint

let me put you in the major key


It's rather early for me to be posting, I know. Well, frankly, considering it's a Sunday, it's early for me to be up. Alas, what with the demise of Popworld, there is nothing for me to stay in bed for.

My stupid Amazon DVD rental list sent me all the DVDs from the bottom of my list. I don't really have the time to watch them and I was hoping that they would send the films that I had handpicked for my parents, so that my monthly allowance wouldn't go to waste. I've been meaning to send them back but I don't really want to send them back without watching them. So last night, I decided to have a little late-night film festival (Now Showing: Bottle Rocket, Election and Garden State) and it was all going well until I fell asleep about 15 minutes into Bottle Rocket.

Another late-night disaster: after I got off the phone with Sarah last night, I realised that it was a Saturday night and that Sainsbury's wasn't open for 24 hours. So that left me with no dinner and my heart set on hummus. Armed with a can of chick peas and a hand-blender, I thought that this dilemma could be easily resolved with a little cunning and determination. I found a jar of tahini in my cupboard from my cous-cous phase last year but on opening it, I thought it was better to just forego the tahini and soldier on with my trusty comrades, lemon juice and olive oil. So, the chick peas went into the hand blender and I was a little worried when it just looked like mushy chick peas. I reasoned that the lemon juice and olive oil would turn the humble chick pea into the ambrosia that I was seeking. A-ha, perfect, it looks exactly like hummus, granted, not Sainsbury's hummus, more like Asda hummus but hummus all the same. "I'll just have a little taste....oh my god, I think I'm going to be sick." Gentle readers, the moral of the story is to stock up on food before the supermarket closes and to leave the chick pea be.

And with those words of wisdom, I take my leave of you gentle readers (until I get bored again.) Happy Sunday.

0 Responses to “"If up's a one way drop then don't look down / If luck's the second stop I won't turn round"”

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.