missprint

let me put you in the major key


Things I have learnt this weekend:

The fabulous Siobhan Donaghy is back!



HURRAH! Siobhan is possibly the best ginger popstrel..ever. FACT. Anyway, after being mistreated by the fools at London Records, she has moved to Parlophone and a second album is in, as they say, "the pipeline". Go forth and listen to the elecropop loveliness of Don't Give It Up (not to be confused with the Lemar non-hit of yore).

I have rediscovered the wonder of Lomo.



Lomo was a minor obssession for me a couple of years ago (further compounded when I won the Home of the Day. Incidentally, only one of two competitions I have ever won. Well, since you're asking, the other was a pass for the Sugababes' recent Apple Store gig - sans Mutya I'll have you know.) Anyway, I'd completely forgotten about Lomos and have spent the last half hour salivating over the Holga and having day dreams of taking a Holga on my travels with me to Eastern Europe this summer. However, my love for the Ixus 750 is far stronger and I still find myself looking longingly at it most days, very much like Tiny Tim would at a Sunday roast. Go forth and lomo.

I have also rediscovered my love for salmon.



I made the best dinner tonight, sake salmon steaks with honey and soy sesame soba noodles. Slurp.

I've developed somewhat of a crush on hamster-faced Ricky Wilson of the Kaiser Chiefs recently. Boredom led me to the wonder that is YouTube (now that I have emerged out of the digital stone age and acquired broadband) so that I could watch the Kaiser Chiefs' high-larious Big Ones from Popworld. Whilst YouTube-ing Popworld, I also discovered the Si-chiatrist's interview with the incredibly humourless and indie-er-than-thou Kooks.



He went out with Katie Melua for Christ's sake, you needn't be that dour...

I am being forced to go to Milton Keynes.



WAH. Damn you Wembley, I am shaking my fist at you whilst I type. Why must you force me to travel Milton in order to gain closure on my girlhood regret of never seeing Take That live?!? Damn you all.

Unfortunately, I find that my procrastination skills remain as sharp as ever. I stopped re-reading Kiss of the Spider Woman at 7:30pm and I have done nothing productive since. I didn't even watch Project Runway, Planet Earth and I have just belatedly realised that I have missed Fight Club. Gah.

0 Responses to “"you're my XY chromosome / and the love between us is fully blown"”

Post a Comment



© 2007 missprint | Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.